Huskie Robotics is thrilled to announce our second event to welcome students who may be interested in joining our team. This event will be a practice kickoff where a game is revealed and small groups brainstorm potential strategic and design solutions. We will wrap up the event with a Just Dance party. No robotics experience is needed, and all are welcome. Huskie Robotics participates in the FIRST Robotics Competition. While our competition season starts in January, we will have some preseason events throughout the fall semester.
This event will be Wednesday, October 21st from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Check in starts at 5:45pm. We will gather and check everyone in the NNHS Bus Lot. Please drop off and pick up at the NNHS Main Entrance (enter off of Mill Street). The event will be entirely outside.
If, for any reason, you cannot attend the in-person event but are interested in Huskie Robotics, we will have an online event as well. When you RSVP, please specify that you are interested in the online event, and we will email you the Zoom invite. The online event will have almost the same activities as the in-person event.
Please RSVP in advance by completing this form by Tuesday, October 20th. This helps us plan the event. Of course, if you don’t complete the RSVP for some reason and want to attend, please do. If you are interested in Huskie Robotics but cannot attend the in-person or online event, please still complete the RSVP form and ask to be added to our Canvas page.
We will be following all the required protocols to protect students, coaches, and mentors:
- masks must be worn at all times
- all participants must turn in a permission slip signed by their parent or guardian (if you turned this in at the first meeting, you don’t need another)
- all participants must turn in a self certification and verification form also signed by their parent or guardian (this is a new form; everyone needs to bring this)
- social distancing (6′ separation) must be preserved at all times
- participants will be in groups of less than 50, each group will only interact with themselves
Participants should bring:
- warm clothes if may be chilly
- signed permission slip
- signed self certification and verification form
We hope to see you on October 21st!